» International Pet Travel

International Pet Travel

International Health Certificates

If you are traveling with your pet internationally, you will need to research the necessary requirements. Every country has different requirements and they can change with little or no notice. It can take several months and multiple visits to a veterinarian to complete this process. Please note that international health certificates can take much longer than a regular vet visit, so please inform the receptionist the purpose of your visit when scheduling so we can ensure we give your pet the adequate amount of time and attention required. When scheduling your appointment, please indicate where you will be traveling to, and any stops along the way where you will be leaving the airport.  When you arrive at your appointment, please have the address of your final location, and any previous medical records for your pets.

For questions regarding International Health Certificates go to www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/iregs/animals/. It may also be helpful to contact the embassy for the country you will be traveling to.

Some countries require endorsement of the international health certificate once it has been issued by your vet. For questions about endorsement of international health certificates please contact the Richmond office at:

400 North 8th Street Suite 726
Richmond, VA 23219-4824
Phone: (804) 343-2560
Fax: (804) 343-2599

Capital Pet Movers

If you are looking for a company to help with your pet’s relocation process Capital Pet Movers is a full-service relocation service. Click on the link to their website to find out more. capitalpetmovers.com